Friday 25 January 2008

Petal Prints Challenge

After my certainly celery confession on Wednesday, I challenged myself to make a card using colours that I don't use very often & this was the result. It was also the first time I've used my 'Petal Prints' set, which is a very pretty 2 step set that includes base & outline flower & leaf images.

I stamped 4 separate daisy base & outlines on very vanilla card, using more mustard, really rust & summer sun ink. Then, I punched out part of the flowers with the 1 3/8 inch square punch & attached them to a square of really rust card with dimensionals. I randomly stamped the more mustard base with the leaf image & added a strip of summer sun and really rust card. Finally, I attached the matted flowers to the base & used really rust ink to stamp the Birthday wishes greeting from 'Sincere Salutations'.

Even though these weren't colours that normally shout 'pick me', I was happily surprised with the result. So, here's my challenge to you. Try a colour combo, card design or set that you're not drawn to normally and see what you come up with...oh and send me the results too.

Supply List: Stamps: Petal Prints, Sincere Salutations. Card: more mustard, really rust, summer sun, very vanilla. Ink: more mustard, really rust, summer sun. Accessories: 1 3/8 inch square punch, dimensionals.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Hi Diane,

I love this card. The colours are beautiful and the layout really pretty. Hope you don't mind if I CASE it, and link here :-).

Sam.

Linda Dalke Stampin'Up Demonstrator in Australia said...

Love this card Diane! And thanks for the comment on my blog too :) Maybe see you at Convention?