Wednesday 23 January 2008

Wild about you baby....& celery!

As you can see from the lack of posts, I haven't had much card time, but I did take some to make this baby card for some good friends who have welcomed a new baby boy into their family. I like making window cards, so I thought I would see if it worked with Mr Giraffe from the 'wild about you' set. It took me a little while to turn the picture in my head into the card, but I was happy with the result.

So, want to know how I made it?
First, I made a rectangular window in the ballet blue base by punching 2 slightly overlapping holes with the 1 3/8 inch square punch. Then I rolled a line of ballet blue circles down the side with the 'hot to dot' Stampin' Around® wheel & rolled a line of certainly celery circles onto certainly celery card, again with the 'hot to dot' wheel. Then I added a window frame made with certainly celery card. The 100% pure baby tag from the 'terrific tags' free level 1 hostess set was stamped in ballet blue ink & I punched a small hole in it with the ¼ inch circle punch. I attached the tag it to the card by wrapping white organdy ribbon around the card & tying it through the tag. To hold the tag in place I used dimensionals.
Last but not least, I stamped Mr Giraffe in certainly celery on whisper white card, and cut a rectangle around him to match the window size. I mounted him with dimensionals onto a triple mat of certainly celery, ballet blue & whisper white & stamped 'happy' inside the card using the 'happy everything' set. Done.

By the way... It's no secret to most of my buds & regular customers that I love (nay, am obsessed with) certainly celery, so you'll notice that here it is again. In my defence, I had no intention of using it in this card, but it just kind of snuck in anyway ... who knew it would look so good with ballet blue? (at least in real life it did!) What can I say? – celery just goes with so many colours. So, what's your favourite Stampin' Up!® colour? Leave a comment and let me know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like the window card with its clean and simple layout. Oh and yes you are obsessed with certain celery. I am very partial to chocolate chip (and ice cream) myself.