Tuesday 19 February 2008

It’s for a man, man!

This was a birthday card I made for a dear friend of ours a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd share it with you, as many people say that they find male cards the hardest to make....and I certainly normally too, although this one came together nicely.
I used mainly Summer Mini supplies – the 'Carte Postale' stamp set and coordinating 'Enchante' paper. I also used the celebrate greeting from the lovely 'Wonderful Words' set in the main catty. First, I attached some fleur-de-lis patterned 'Enchante' paper onto a sage shadow card mat & added a line of 3 vintage brads on the top right. I stamped a single fleur-de-lis with close to cocoa ink onto sage shadow card, pierced the corners with the mat pack & piercer & cut a choc chip mat to fit. Then, I stamped the celebrate greeting with chocolate chip ink onto vellum paper. To put all the bits together, I attached the small choc chip mat to the Enchante paper mat, wrapped the vellum greeting strip around the paper mat & mounted the fleur de on top with dimensionals. Finally I stuck the whole piece on a choc chip base.
On a silly note, if anyone knows where I got the inspiration for my post title, leave a comment!... just so I know there are some more nuts out there!

No comments: