Sunday 15 June 2008

Colour challenge 11 – in the nick of time

I've been really looking forward to another of Kristina's challenges & when I saw the colours for this week, I was pretty excited. Anyhow, I've no time to waffle this morning. Here's the inspiration pic: And here's my card:
It's very simple, but I like it. The colours of course are rose red, so saffron, old olive, going gray & whisper white. The sets I used are 'In the Spotlight' (hostess lvl 2), 'Polka Dot' background & 'Polka Dots & Paisley' (greeting).

The base is rose red. I stamped the polka dot background in so saffron & added pierced strips of saffron & olive on more rose red. The stamped flower is from 'In the Spotlight' & all the large flowers are punched out with the 5 petal flower punch (I LOVE matching punches!). The small saffron flower was punched with the spring bouquet punch. The flower pieces are all raised on dimensionals & I added an olive brad (Earth Elements® pack) in the centre. The greeting is stamped with going gray.

OK, hope you like my attempt. Have to run now. Happy Sunday to you all!

Di

4 comments:

Nikki said...

I love this Diane. I might just have to CASE it colours and all. Hope that's okay??
Nikki S

Kellie Jupe said...

Nice card Di, I love the polka dot background and how you've broken it up, it looks cool.

Karen said...

Hi Diane,

I love this!! It's really pretty!

Great Job!

Karen
xo

Jenn said...

Haven't found too many with this color challenge I like, but yours is very nice. Good job!