Wednesday 5 November 2008

True Friend Christmas Bauble SAS


This is the second card we made at my latest Christmas SAS on October 25th & it’s probably my favourite Christmas card of this year....so far anyway! I continued the theme of using non-Christmas stamp sets for Christmas cards, this time with the gorgeous ‘True Friend’ from the Spring Mini. I think I have a bit of a bauble obsession, as I’ve made a different bauble in each SAS class so far...totally unintentionally though. I love, love, love the combination of certainly celery (about time too!), blue bayou, soft sky & white.
I thought I'd show you the colours in reverse too, as I really liked them, but decided that that celery worked better as the inside of the card.
Here are a couple more cards I made while having a play with the set.
This was actually the first card I made (& if you twist my arm, probably my favourite), but I decided that it would take too long as a SAS card, as the smaller flower has a stem, which needs to be masked. Some of the ladies at the class made similar cards though using the larger flower, which looked great too.
With this one, I made smaller baubles using the circle stamp from the set, using a circle mask, made with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch . I used a wasabi base, blue bayou mat & some soft sky double stitched ribbon (oh how I love that double stitched ribbon!). If I made this one again, I’d maybe fiddle with the bauble placement a bit, but you get the idea.

So, what do you think? Christmassy enough? I’d love to hear what you think.

Note: We'll be farewelling ‘True Friend’ at the end of this month, when the Spring Mini ends, so if you’d like to make this card, you’ll need to order it very soon!
Please contact me if you’d like any more information on how to make the card or anything else.

Back soon with a break from Christmas cards! Happy thoughts to all
Di

Make it Yourself
Stamp the Merry Christmas greeting (from ‘Occasional Greetings’) in blue bayou ink on white card.
Make a circle reverse mask with the round tab punch. Punch one way, line punch up at right angles & re-punch.
Stamp 3 large flowers in blue bayou ink. Use reverse mask technique to sponge over them in either celery or soft sky inks.
Use the fine end of a stampin’ write marker to rule some bauble strings (btw, have you seen the single marker offer on the right column?)
Add some subtle bling (is that an oxymoron?), by dotting dazzling diamonds glitter on the baubles (apparently, I can’t make a Christmas card without it!)
Sponge the edges with celery ink
Mat stamped piece on blue bayou mat & then onto a celery base.

SuppliesStamps: True Friend, Occasional Greetings
Card: certainly celery, blue bayou, whisper white
Ink: certainly celery, soft sky, blue bayou, not quite navy & certainly celery stampin' write markers
Accessories: dazzling diamonds glitter, 2 way glue pen
Tools: round tab punch, sponge

2 comments:

Karen said...

Di Di Di Diiiiiiiiii!!!

What absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards!!!

Love them all!

Karen
xo

Chrissie said...

What a busy girl you have been! I love these cards! But I am a bit partial to Christmas baubles right now!