Tuesday 31 March 2009

Bali Breeze Note Card Folder – finally!

As you've probably noticed, I've been a bit obsessed with the Eastern Blooms set & Bali Breeze paper from the Summer Mini, so when I decided to run a class to make a note card folder set like this guava & olive set , I of course decided I HAD to use them again. So, without any more waffle, this is the whole set everyone made:The cards
There were 4 note cards in the set – all with really simple layouts that show off the gorgeous paper & stamped images...& I'm sure you didn't miss the return of my favourite greetings – Short & Sweet. Here they are in more detail:
The gorgeous stem is stamped in regal rose, rose red & celery. The stem panel has a part circle punched out & both the panel & greeting (from Birthday Best) are popped off the front.
The flowers are rock & rolled in regal rose/rose red & apricot appeal/pumpkin pie & coloured in the centre, then punched out with the 1 inch circle. The square panel is popped on the front.
The flower was inked in apricot appeal & markered with a pumpkin pie marker & then cut out & popped on a white & pumpkin panel.The flower was markered with tempting turquoise & celery markers, punched out & raised on a taken with teal circle. I made 3 more cards to show the class some other ideas with the paper & set, so here they are too. These 2 cards are based on the pink stem card. I swapped the pink for some olive in the first one & for some pumpkin in the second one.

I really liked the layers one, but I thought it would take too long to make at the class & I prefer not to have too many layers to fit in the folder.The Folder

Again, I kept the folder decoration very simple, with some subtle bling from a rhinestone brad. The flower was stamped in the same way as the 3rd card. The folder is tied with celery grosgrain. Here's how it looks on the inside:Anyway, I hope you like this project. It's been another of my favourite projects, so I hope you like it too. Leave me a comment, as I love to hear what you think & drop me an e-mail if you'd like more information on the folder or a copy of my folder template.

Edited 10 March 2014 
You can now download the notecard folder templates...
Download Notecard Folder - wide version
Download Notecard Folder - narrower version
Warm & inky hugs
Di
Toot Toot Jane
One of the lovely ladies at my class was my friend Jane, who is a super talented scrapper & cardmaker. Anyway, later that night, she designed this fabulous version using Bodacious Bouquet. She then made this one which was also gorgeous. Anyway, you MUST check out Jane's blog to see both her class project & Bodacious versions too....not to mention all her other wonderful creations.
PPS: Hi Trisha - Hope this gives you some more ideas!
Supplies:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Short & Sweet, Occasional Greetings, Birthday Best (pink card)
Card: whisper white note cards, certainly celery, pumpkin pie, rose red, taken with teal, Bali Breeze designer paper

Ink: pumpkin pie, apricot appeal, regal rose, rose red, tempting turquoise
Accessories: 1/4 inch celery grosgrain, 5/8 inch celery grosgrain, fire rhinestone brads, celery brads, gold brads
Tools: circle punches - 1 1/4 inch, 1 inch, 1/2 inch, large & small ovals

3 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

wow love both yours & Jane's - great job teach! I'm really going to miss this DSP - it's colourful but classy

Trisha said...

Hello Di! I LOVE THIS!!!! It is such a beautiful set!!!!! I can't wait to case it!!!! Thank you for such beautiful samples! :-) Trisha

Chrissie said...

Just superb Di! I love this set too... I am so pleased it wasn't retired!