Sunday 22 March 2009

Texting for Birthdays

I've had an idea in my head to make a card using a text message style greeting for a looooong time, but finally got around to doing something about it this month.

I made the first one for our dear friend Jaed's '21st' birthday. First I stamped HBTY (happy birthday to you) in sage shadow ink on vanilla with the retired (last year) Headline alphabet, then mounted it on layers of chocolate chip, sage shadow & really rust, to match the striped Outlaw paper. I used 'Everyday Flexible Phrases' (retiring this month) to stamp the little words & mounted them on dimensionals. I couldn't resist adding a final little ribbon tab on the side.I used the same idea with different colours & paper with the second card, which was for Zac, who turned 11 this month. I wanted the message to be more like a car registration with Zac's age, but I don't have the 'Headline' number set, so a little improve was needed. Thankfully, 11 was easily made with the 'i' & the dash came from the dot on the question mark stamp. The stamping & base is wild wasabi & the Jersey Shore paper added some fun. Sorry about the colours in the pic. It looked much better IRL, but my camera just doesn't seem to play nicely with wasabi (grrr).
Anyway, hope you like this idea for male cards. Thanks for visiting.
Cheers, Di

Supplies:HBTY JaedStamps: Headline Alphabet (retired 2008), Everyday Flexible Phrases
Card: Chocolate chip, sage shadow, really rust, very vanilla
Ink: sage shadow, close to cocoa
Accessories: 1 inch stitched grosgrain
HBTY-11 ZacStamps: Headline Alphabet (retired 2008), Everyday Flexible Phrases
Card: wild wasabi, brilliant blue, pumpkin pie, whisper white
Ink: wild wasabi, brilliant blue

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Ho Di!!

Wow! I havent visited for a little while and look at all the gorgeous projects you have up! I love them all - you really are a fantastic papercrafter!

Luv Karen
xo

Chrissie said...

Great card and an even great idea! Just love it! Solves the problem of cards for boys doesn't it!