Tuesday 9 June 2009

Inspired flowers & friends

As promised, I have more card ideas to show you using the Good Friend set, sans birdie (who was having a well earned rest).

First up, this is the second card I made at my church friends class last month. I was really happy with how the card turned out...not so much the picture though!The flower panel was stamped in kiwi kiss with the birdie leg/stem stamp & a little of the thin flower stem. The riding hood red flower has a punched flower & gold brad in the centre & is attached to the stem with dimensionals. I've also added 2 other punched flowers & brads. The panel is matted on kiwi kiss card, before being attached (with dimensionals) to a white base with panels of 'Washington Apple' paper, kiwi kiss strip & some gorgeous riding hood red taffeta ribbon. The greeting from the well named 'Best Yet' set is stamped in riding hood red ink.

For the next two cards, I took my inspiration from two extremely talented stampers who's work I always love to see:

LeAnne's Flower Trio

First is this happy flower trio card, which is a case of the second card in this post by LeAnne from Wee Inklings. If you haven't been over to Wee Inklings to check out LeAnne's awesome blog, go now!....well, at least when you finish reading this post!I loved the 3 flower & ribbon layout LeAnne used, so I had to try it for myself. The colours I used are riding hood red, so saffron, tangerine tango, bashful blue & white. The flowers are riding hood red, so saffron & tangerine tango. Like the previous card, I added punched flowers & brads in the centre & popped them with dimensionals onto some fab striped paper (again from the 'Washington Apple' pack). The ribbon is 1 inch bashful blue ribbon & the button is from the 'Button Bouquet' pack. The sweet 'happy-o-birthday' greeting is from 'On Your Birthday' pack.

Sarah's Wish Flowers

Last, but definitely not least, I'm sure many of you will realise this is case of the wonderful 5th card in this post by super lovely Sarah Klass. This one stopped me in my tracks when I saw it & I immediately had to make one for myself.Sarah has a knack of coming up with the coolest ideas & this card is a perfect example. I couldn't explain this card better than Sarah, who said "It was one of those 'came to me in the middle of the night' ideas - to use white ink for the 'puffy' stamp and thereby make them into dandelions. The last one has been blown away, hence the 'wish' greeting." Don't you just love it?! The colours are kraft, naturals ivory & baja breeze. I don't have the 'Definitions' set that Sarah used, so I substituted it with 'make a wish' from 'Big Bold Birthday' & added a ribbon knot using very vanilla taffeta ribbon. So go now & check out more from Sarah!

Before I go, I'd like to send big mwwwwaaaa's to Sarah & LeAnne again for so generously sharing their inspiration & ideas through their blogs. You totally rock ladies!

I think that's it for Good Friend for now, but I still have lots more projects to show you, so stay tuned. In the meantime, happy stamping & inky wishes from me.
Di

Supplies:
Good Friend flower stem
Stamps: Good Friend, Best Yet
Card/Paper: whisper white, kiwi kiss, Washington Apple DS paper
Ink: riding hood red, tangerine tango, so saffron, kiwi kiss
Accessories: gold brads, riding hood red taffeta ribbon
Tools: Trio flower punch

Flower Trio Case
Stamps: Good Friend, On Your Birthday Card/Paper: so saffron, tangerine tango, bashful blue, whisper white, Washington Apple DS paper; Ink: riding hood red, tangerine tango, so saffron; Accessories: gold brads, bashful blue stitched grosgrain ribbon, button bouquet buttonTools: word window punch, Trio flower punch

Sarah's wish flowers
Stamps: Good Friend, Big Bold Birthday;Card/Paper: kraft, naturals ivory, baja breeze;Ink: white craft ink, close to cocoa; Accessories: very vanilla taffeta ribbon

4 comments:

Sarah Klass said...

Hello lovely Di!

Love your take on the 'wish' card, especially stamping on the inside as well. That's something that I don't think to do but it adds such a nice touch :)

S x

Louise said...

Oooooh, these are lovely Di! Might have to CASE your lovely flower cards. Love Sarah's card too, and your take on it. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea said...

I love these cards...especially the last one - it is Gorgeous, and the stamp set is a must!

Chrissie said...

I love love LOVE your cards but I especially love your take on Sarah's card! Just STUNNING!!!!!