Tuesday 20 October 2009

Sunflower Birthday

I'm glad to say that it's a gorgeous sunny & warm day in Sydney today, so it seems a appropriate to show you this happy little sunflower card I made in August.I really love the layout, which was cased from this cute card by Sherri Barron. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon Sherri's blog, but I really like her style. The image is from a very cute little set of 4 stamps called 'A Flower for all Seasons', which I received from SU at Convention (you can see the others at the bottom of the post).
I water-coloured the image with my some Stampin' Write® markers & Aqua Painter™ on some watercolour paper & was pretty happy with how it turned out. Here is a close-up of the image, so you can see it better. The colour combo is a different one for me, but I think it works.Anyway, I have to get busy with some housework, so no more time to waffle. If you'd like any more info, please let me know. Bye for now.
Inky wishes
Di

Supplies
Stamps: A Flower for All Seasons, On Your Birthday, Trendy Trees
Card/Paper: Tangerine Tango, more mustard, old olive, watercolour paper, Washington Apple DSP,
Ink: Black stayz on ink pad, Earth Elements® Stampin' Write® markers: really rust, pumpkin pie, old olive, ruby red, summer sun
Accessories: circle rhinestone brads – fire pack, very vanilla taffeta ribbon

A Flower for all Seasons - $24.95

3 comments:

Lesley said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous - Lesley x

Ngaire in the UK said...

I love the dsp and watercolouring - the halo effect around the edge looks great too!

Sherri said...

Very Cute! You did a great job. I like the color combo.