Thursday 31 December 2009

Some final Christmas cards

Hi there & Happy New Years Eve to all & a very happy Hogmanay to all my Scottish family (btw, Hogmanay is pronounced 'hug-man-ay' for all the non Scots).

Since we're at home relaxing toniIght (in between bad dancing to the Just Dance wii game - yikes!) I thought get one more post in for 2009, since it seems weird to to write about Christmas cards in January. I'm here to show you some of the Christmas cards I made to send this year. I was very late in starting my cards, but am happy to say they all got out eventually (back to Scotland...if you haven't got yours yet, I promise it's on the way!).
I felt like making square cards this year & this is what I came up with... Again, I turned to 'Snow Swirled' for the image – love it! I realised that the large star/snowflake fitted the new 1 ¾ inch circle punch from the Summer Mini, so that set the scene. Then I realised that I didn't have a bigger punch to mat it, but happily, I used my new Circle Scissor Plus (also from the Summer Mini) to cut a 2 inch choc chip circle (or 30), then added a rhinestone brad (red or clear) to the centre. The punched circle greeting (from a SU US set whose name escapes me now) was matted on a 1 inch circle. The base is riding hood red & I used various papers from the 'Holiday Wishes' & 'Ski Slope' DSP packs. I wrapped some choc chip grosgrain around the top & added the circles on top. The finished fronts are 9.9cm x 9.9cm (approx 4 inches). Anyway, I hope the recipients liked them.

Some of the wonderful cards I received
I wanted to show you some of the lovely handmade cards I received this year ...as they're too pretty not to share. Since I try to keep my blog Stampin' Up! only, I'm showing the ones using mainly SU, but I loved all the handmade cards I received. Thank you so much to everyone who sent me a card, whether handmade or not, though. I loved receiving them. Hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I did.

Super Santa by Sam,Pretty Poinsettia by Karen, my blogging SU buddy, Shiny Tree by Jean, my gorgeous cousin & Scottish SU Demo tooA Hug of Snowmen by my SU Team member Andrea, Snow Swirled Tree by my new SU team member, Lyndell
Crackers & Christmas Classics Baubles by my SU sister Leanne Christ is Born by Janine, my lovely SU uplineWell, it's almost midnight, so not much of 2009 remaining. Before I go though, I'd like to send a huge thank you to everyone who visits my blog & especially to all the lovely ladies who leave lots of comments. It really makes my day when I receive them. I wish you all a wonderful 2010, full of love, happiness & many blessings. Talk to you again in the new year.
Inky hugs
Di

Supplies: my Christmas cardStamps: Snow Swirled
Card/Paper: riding hood red, chocolate chip, kiwi kiss/baja breeze/old olive, whisper white card, Holiday Wishes & Ski Slope DSP
Ink: riding hood red & chocolate chip ink pads
Accessories: chocolate chip grosgrain, red/clear rhinestone brads, silver brad
Tools: 1 ¾ inch, 1 inch, ¾ inch circle punches, Circle Scissor Plus, Piercing tool & mat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Di

It was lovely to see my card on your blog and the great photo of you all on Christmas day, wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2010 from the McPartland gang in cold & snowy Scotland.

luv Jeanxx