Friday 26 February 2010

Journals for some lovely ladies


Hi there
Today, I have something a bit different to show you....well, different for me anyway – some covered art journals that I made as a gift to each of the lovely ladies in my Stampin' Up!® team late last year.
I used different Kaleidoscope DSP sheets to cover each journal. The pack has really large prints with gorgeous colours & I thought they would work well. I adhered the DSP to the chipboard cover, then added ribbons, die cut letters & some other goodies to personalise each one.
The journals are approx 5 inches square & are filled with whisper white cardstock. On the inside, I included 3 dividers in co-ordinating colours.

Before I show you the pics, I have to say that the colours are much better IRL, as I them took the pics late at night....running late finishing things again ;0). Anyway, here we go...
On Lyndell's journal I added a knot of celery grosgrain ribbon & some felt flowers & corduroy brads to follow the stem-like print.
On Andrea's, I kept it simple & attached a die cut letter with celery ribbon, as the print was too pretty to hide.
All Leesa's journal needed was a die cut monogram & some ribbon strips compliment the bold flower.
Finally, with Cathy's I die cut the 'C' & used Crystal Effects® to make it really glossy. Since this paper print was smaller, I added some more layered detail.

Here's the inside of Lyndell's journal, so you can see what I did. Each divider has a tab made with 1 inch circle punches.
I hope these give you some ideas to make your own. If you'd like more information on covering journals or anything else I did, just drop me an e-mail.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Card/Paper: Art Journal, Kaleidoscope DSP, various card colours to match!
Accessories: baja breeze corduroy buttons, pink pirouette felt flowers (Flower Fusion II pack), celery & vanilla grosgrain ribbons, pink taffeta ribbon.
Tools: 1 inch circle punch, spiral punch

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love, love, love my journal!!!! It's gorgeous. Thank you so much.