Sunday 28 March 2010

Loving easel cards too

I've been seeing tons of easel cards in blogland lately, so I thought it was time I showed you mine. They look so cool standing up, yet are really easy to make, which is a major winner in my book.
This is the first one I made back in January (still catching up!). The flower image is from my friend Kellie's 'A Happy Heart' set, as I don't have it yet & I'm sure you've noted that my 'Raspberry Tart' DSP is getting another work out. The greeting is from the free 'Happy Moments' Sale-a-bration set. You can find a tutorial to make easel cards here on Splitcoast. If you want to make this cute square size (with a 10 x 10cm front), cut your card to 10cm x 30cm & score the long side at 10, 15 & 20cm. You can get 3 of these bases from a 12 inch piece of cardstock.

I'll be back to show you some more easel cards. Until then, thanks for visiting.
Inky wishes, Di

PS: The 'Happy Moments' SAB set is only available for a few more days when you place a $100 order. Contact me for more info.

Supplies:
Stamps: A Happy Heart (IB&C p34), Happy Moments (SAB)
Card/Ink: rose red, whisper white, kiwi kiss cardstock, Raspberry Tart DSP (IB&C p 133)
Ink: rose red & certainly celery marker, rose red ink pad (IB&C p129)
Accessories, regal rose grosgrain ribbon (IB&C p151)
Tools: punches – scallop edge, small oval, large oval (IB&C p 152), scallop oval (Spring Mini – still available)

2 comments:

Sam said...

Beautiful card Di! Love that image from A Happy Heart set.

:-)
Sam.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I love this easel card - this is one of my most favorite DP and it looks so pretty!

Wishing you a good week!

Barbara Diane