Thursday 4 August 2011

Birdie gift card folder

Hi there. Today's project is a pocket gift card holder I was asked to make to hold a birthday Stampin' Up! gift voucher for a lovely friend & customer (smiling & waving at you J).
To make it, I inked up the bird (from the Punch Potpourri hostess set) in peach parfait ink, lightly sponged around the edges with poppy parade ink & stamped on white card, then punched out with the 2 step bird punch.  I then rested him on 2 punched old olive branches, backed with a circle & scallop circle.

The base is old olive card trimmed with some dsp from the in-colour hostess pack & peach parfait scallop. Here's the inside - clean & simple, trimmed with the same dsp print design, this time in peach parfait.
As I was writing this post, I realised that many of the goodies I've used will be retiring at the end of this month - the hostess stamp set & dsp, plus the 'for you' sentiment (a favourite of mine) from the Great Friend set.

Did you know I can make Stampin' Up! gift cards for any occasion. Contact me for more info. You can also find a Christmas pocket gift card folder here, & more oldies here & here.
Next time....I'm not sure, maybe another gift card holder...or some inlaid embossing...or both. If you have any questions, just leave a comment....or leave a comment anyway. I love to hear from visitors.
Inky wishes, Di

PS:  Just a quick update on the retirement list - as of today, all jumbo eyelets & the metallic brads are sold out, so check out the list if you haven't already. You can find the retirement list here.

Supplies:
Stamps: Punch Potpourri (hostess), Great Friend
Card/paper: old olive, peach parfait, bashful blue, whisper white card, pear pizzazz & peach parfait in colour DSP
Ink: old olive
Accessories: pear pizzazz poly twill ribbon
Tools: 2 step bird punch, 2 3/8 inch scallop circle punch, Big Shot & circles #2 die (2 inch circle)

No comments: