Monday 3 March 2014

In review - Tape It for guys

I'm going back in time today to the Father's Day card made for my darling hubby in September. This was my first outing with the Tape It stamp set, which is a stamp version of the ever popular washi tape craze. I think the tape look works well for a masculine card.
The colours are midnight muse, pool party & wild wasabi - do you like? If the sentiment panel looks vaguely familar, it's similar to this Father's Day card we made in class. I added a raised 'love you' stamp & a silver button with denim fabric ribbon to add more texture & interest. These particular buttons aren't available now, but there's a very similar alternative.
I carried the stamping to the inside too. I wanted space to write my own message, so I didn't stamp a sentiment.
It's a very simple layout & the stamping adds most of the detail. I think Damien really liked it, so all good there. By the way, I think the finished card front was 14 x 14cm (approx 5 1/2inches).
Before I go, I have to share Cara's Father's Day card too. She had disappeared into my stamp room & came out with her finished card - using almost the same colours as me. What a pair :-)
I hope this gives you some inspiration for those sometimes tricky masculine cards. Back soon with  more projects. Thanks for visiting colour me happy :-)
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
Stamps: Tape It, Delightful Dozen (fathers day), Itty Bitty Banners (love you)
Card: midnight muse, pool party, wild wasabi, whisper white card
Ink: midnight muse, wild wasabi, pool party ink pads, wild wasabi marker

Accessories: denim ribbon, silver buttons, mini brads
Tools: hexagon punch (flag ends), Big Shot, Itty Bitty Banner dies

No comments: