Sunday 8 March 2015

Swinging balloon birthday card

Totally forgot to share this fun swinging balloon birthday card I made for a friend's birthday back in January.
What makes this a swinging card? Well, when you move the card, the balloon bottom & streamers swings from side to side, kind of like a pendulum. The very clever Teneale Williams showed how to make them swing at the Sydney Party Time Event earlier in January so I had to try it out - so easy & fun. I'd never seen these before but I'm sure you'll all see them here again.

I kept the card pretty simple (& very similar to Teneale's original) - one of those last minute creations. ;-) I used the Celebrate Today bundle (stamps & framelits) for the balloon elements (a photo-polymer set, so super easy to line up) & Butterfly Basics for the sentiments. Added texture comes from the spotty embossed background & the lost lagoon ribbon. The inside is super simple too - matching balloon & sentiment - but I think finishes off the look. I couldn't stop shaking the card when I finished, much to my darling husband's amusement.
Leave me a comment if you'd like me to share how to make the swinging element. If I get enough requests, I'll make a tute. Thanks for visiting today & hope you liked the project.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love a tutorial for the swing action.

Fiona said...

I would also love to see the card as a tutorial so I can see what the swing part does. Thanks Fiona

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! Yes please do a tire..it's excellent!

Anonymous said...

a tutorial would be great!

Sharon said...

Love your card! I would love to know how to make this swinging balloon. Please make a tut explaining how.
Thanks!