Wednesday 20 May 2015

Curvy Keepsakes 3 - panda time!

I have a long list of big & small obsessions & one of these is pandas. So when I saw this panda box pic on pinterest I HAD to make some of my own.
I made two versions, one using the small oval punch (retiring on June 2nd) around the eyes & the original using the bird punch wing. Which one is your favourite. I can't pick :-)
I wasn't sure which size pieces were used so I just played around until the proportions looked right. I also figured out a cool & easy way to make the mouth. I'm not very good at drawing (that's why I stamp) so I came up with the idea of using the negative from the heart punch as a guide to draw around. Also, I forgot to take a pic of the back of the box, but I glued together 3 white hearts to use as a little panda tail - cute!
My cheat sheet gives you some different options to try.
Here's the combined pic for you to pin or save for later.
Can you help find who made the original pandas? I'd really like to thank & recognise them so please leave a comment if it's you or you know who did. I've tried to find them via the pin but it was uploaded by a user  & Google images hasn't helped either.

I hope you're enjoying seeing all my curvy keepsake characters. Please leave a comment if you're enjoying my boxes or if you have any questions I have more to share so thanks for visiting today & come back soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies 
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


2 comments:

Rene from OZ x said...

Thanks Di, I love the Panda's.
Rene from OZ xo

Sunny Strawbaler said...

Oh, these are super cute Di! I like the oval eyes best, but that little heart tail would be perfect. Sherylee.