Tuesday 26 May 2015

In review - Four Feathers masculine birthday card

Four Feathers is a set that had to grow on me initially, but grow on me it did. I used it for my darling Man's birthday card last year, then the card disappeared until I found it again a couple of weeks ago. Now that has reappeared, I've taken pics & can finally share it with you... just in time for Four Feathers to fly away as it won't be carrying over to our new annual catalogue. Anyway, here's what I made for my darling.
It's a little tricky to see & photograph but the card has a stamped layer overlaid with vellum. You can see the stamped feather layer better in this pic. I got the idea for the drifting feathers from this great card by Kim Ryden. I think it was a fun way to show movement.
I die cut happy through both the stamped & vellum layers with my Little Letters alphabet thinlit dies to show the island indigo mat underneath. I think this & the stamp images from the hilariously named Age Awareness set added a less traditional twist to the card, which I liked & I think Damo did too.
This idea could be easily replicated with paper or many stamped backgrounds to make it for a teen or child too so I hope you've found it useful. Leave a comment if you have any questions or just liked the card. Back soon!
Inky wishes, Di

PS: Four Feathers is only available until June 2nd, so remember to pop it on your order list if you love it.

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.


No comments: