Wednesday 13 May 2015

More Butterfly basics birthday love

I'm sure most of you are familiar with my butterfly obsession so it should not surprise you that I'm sharing some more butterfly love today. This card is actually from one of my Feb classes & is a definitely recent favourite... & not just because it came together super quickly (for me) and I've only used one stamp set to create it - true story. :-)
 As you can see, the base is a z-fold (in pistachio pudding - yum!) with an embossed front Spring Flowers embossing folder to add some texture. I've added a panel with images from the coordinating Butterfly Basics stamp set to provide a pretty background for two gorgeous vellum & soft butterflies (click on the pic for a larger view). I think you can see them better in this pic too:
I love the softness of the pistachio, lost lagoon & soft sky colour combo - a very happy find, that one.
Pistachio Pudding is no longer available to purchase, but there are lots of other colours that would work well...& maybe there will be a new match coming in the new catalogue. Stay tuned :-)

Back to the card... I've repeated the panel on the inside, adding a couple more butterflies to make a pretty trio.
My class lovelies all loved this card - especially how quickly it came together for a very special result - so I hope you do too. I love seeing your pins & comments so remember to share the love too. Thanks for visiting & see you again soon.
Inky wishes, Di

Supply List
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning...love the softness

kathy said...

Love Love this card. The colors are awesome together.
Would love to make it can I get the dimensions that you used for each of the panels. email address is stitch_a_day@yahoo.com

Thanks

Kathy

ColourmehappyDi said...

Thanks for your comment, Kathy. As I made this card some time ago, I don't have the measurements I used. The card is just a standard card base so you can estimate the panel sizes starting from that.
Best wishes, Di