Friday 2 October 2015

JAI 282 inspiration challenge - Life is wonderful

It's school term break so last week we escaped to the Gold Coast for a much looked forward to holiday by the beach. We had such a lovely, relaxing time (& no wifi). It was also my birthday while there so there was some lovely spoiling & a day spent at Sea World too. I so <3 polar bears & dolphins & penguins & ... :-)  This week back home has gone so quickly, catching up on laundry & other tasks.
One fun task was making a project for the new Just Add Ink Challenge. The lovely Narelle has challenged us to use these images to inspire our project.
This is my card...
I think I was subconsciously trying to encourage myself with the sentiment I chose as I've a bit of a perfectionist streak that sometimes gets the better of me (those who know me are nodding right now (smile).
The elements I took inspiration from were....
- the colours (no bold pink)
- the circles & subtle stripes  thanks to the Elegant Dots embossing folder & some punched circles.
- I was drawn to the glittery mirror so it became my main focal point, thanks to the Chalk Talk framelits. I silver embossed the sentiment too for more shine.

My darling man said he could see the inspiration pics in my card so I hope you can too. Thanks for visiting today & make sure your check out all the Team's creations here. We'd love you to try the challenge too.

Until next time, remember that life is wonderful :-)
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different
.


10 comments:

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Love the glittery mirror inspiration!!! Sounds like you had a fab holiday :)

kareN stampZ said...

Very classy card & great take on the challenge Di

Nikki Spencer said...

What an awesome take on the inspiration Di. All of those super cute bitty spots and sparkly frame effect is lovely! xx

Jan said...

So pretty Di! I love your sparkly take on the mirror and rows of colour. Your sentiment is one of my favourites too. Glad you had a lovely birthday on holiday! xo

KimB said...

What a great idea to add the punched circles to the background Di. It looks fabulous! I can totally see how you got from the mirror to your wonderful super sparkly sentiment panel too :) xxx

Christine Blain said...

This card is such a beauty, Di! I love the likeness of the Chalk Talk die cuts, to the mirror. The tiny background circles and embossing are pretty awesome, too. Love everything about this. xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is such a gorgeous card Di - I LOVE how you've used the colours from the inspiration pic!

Leonie said...

Gorgeous! You must have a ton of patience to place all of those dots!

Anonymous said...

Hi think this is stunning Di - I love all those little spots. A great background. Chantell x x

Shona Chambers said...

I need to put that sentiment on my fridge so I see it everyday!! Bet you had a wonderful holiday on the Gold Coast. We went to Sea World a few years ago and we all loved it. I just love your card and those dotty circles in the background are so beautiful. So glad your keyboard is now behaving itself!!