Wednesday 16 December 2015

Christmas Shaker Cards - To You & Yours Kit

Back in November when Christmas still seemed quite far away, I ran two fun classes using the To You & Yours Shaker Card Kit...& then forgot to take pics of the cards. This kit includes 18 cards: 6 each of three different shaker card designs, including a tree, bauble, & star cards, each with their own shaker elements & foiled card base. This is probably my favourite SU kit yet, as the cards were easy to make but pack a big sparkly wow & I love interactive cards. Even better, Stampin Up! did all the work so I can play & be productive at the same time. My class lovelies chose how many cards they wanted to make at the class & I showed them how they could adapt the designs to create different looks.

Changing Up the cards
 I really enjoyed making the cards my own with some simple touches:
- Mixing up the card bases & shaker elements from the kit.
- Letting the lovely foil card bases shine by omitting the white shaker backing on most cards.
- using spare gold foil from kit to cut/punch/die cut extra shapes.
- Using matching sentiments from the Embellished Ornaments bundle (for outside & inside) on all cards.
- Using coordinated stamps & dies from the Peaceful Pines bundle with the leftover foil from the kit.
- Using gold cord on some cards for extra sparkle.
- I didn't use the To You & Yours stamp set that SU designed to coordinate with the kit since I had other supplies that coordinated so well with the kit.
So, here's what I made. Click on the pics to see better details.

Trees
All trees - Embellished Ornaments bundle sentiments
Tree 1 - Horizontal striped base, stamped tree (Peaceful Pines bundle). Spare foil - punched star & strip of gold under tree. Sequins glued inside the shaker.
Tree 2 - Diagonal striped base - I love how this looks like tinsel on the tree. Spare foil - punched star & die cut pot (Peaceful Pines bundle). Sequins mixed with glitter in the shaker - suggested by one of my clever class gals.
Tree 3 - Horizontal striped base. Spare foil - punched star & strip of gold. Sequins glued to outside of window.
Tip: want more trees? The large tree die in the Peaceful Pines bundle is the same size as shaker window.

Stars
Star 1 - kit sample except for some spare sequins glued on front & gold cord.
Star 2 - Horizontal striped base - moved sentiment to top. This is my fave star card even though I included too many stars in the shaker - go easy!
Star 3 -  Omitted gold foil border around shaker. Used kit sequins instead of stars & glued a few extra around the sentiment.
Tip: You'll only need to use half the shaker elements in the kit - use half!

Ornaments
All: No white backing piece on any card - love seeing the striped foil. Die cut real red ornament top from the Embellished Ornaments bundle
Ornament 1 - Moved sentiment. Adhered some spare gold stars to front.
Ornament 2 - Changed to landscape. Added some sequins on front.
Ornament 3 - this is mostly the kit version except for backing & addition of gold cord

Speaking of the kit, this is how Stampin' Up put the cards together with the coordinating To You & Yours stamp set.

So if you love this awesome To You & Yours Kit too, you're in luck. It's discounted in our Year End Sale from $35.70 (roughly $2 per card - bargain!) until 4 January, unless sold out first. To You & Yours stamp set is also reduced to $21.00. Get in quick for some last minute cards for to get started early on next years cards.  I've listed all the supplies used in my store list below, so check them out.

I hope you've enjoyed my ideas for the kit.  Leave me a comment if you like them or have any questions. Remember to pin for later too. I've created a collage of all the cards, ready for you to pin

Back soon with some more ideas. Thanks for stopping by today.
Inky wishes, Di

Supplies

To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order. Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.



No comments: