Friday 4 December 2015

JAI 291 - Just Add C - masculine birthday card

It's time for a new challenge at Just Add Ink & this week we're adding "C". Fun! I could have chosen Christmas or colouring, calypso coral, carrots (?) or.... but I think you'll see I decided to go with a masculine card using...
Yes, chevrons!
I made this card for my darling man's birthday. It was very quick to design & finish - nothing like a impending deadline to fend off procrastination. Thankfully Damo liked what I'd done, which made me very happy. It's also very supply friendly - just paper, card & one ink pad.

How did I make it?
I started with 2 fun matchy-matchy paper prints from the Go Wild paper stack.
Then I added a chevron-y vellum banner with stamped sentiment from the Tin of Cards stamp set.

Wondering how I made the chevron banner? -it was so easy to do with my punch best friend, the triple banner punch. The black pieces are the leftover ends made when you punch a 2 inch wide strip. For the smaller banner ends, I punched a banner end, then pushed the remaining card piece in a little & re-punched. You can punch the pieces at any length you like to make your own pattern. Fun!

Well that's all for me today. I've lots to finish before my last 2 classes of the year later today & Saturday so I'd best finish here  Do check out all the team's fab C cards & we'd love you to add your own C project too. Thanks for visiting today, pin & comment away if you have any q's or you liked my card too.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order. Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). I have listed the option that I used. Please check the online store if your preference is different.

5 comments:

Patrice said...

I absolutely love your take on this weeks challenge, Di. So refreshing to see something other than Christmas - and I do love masculine inspiration! Glad to hear D love it. xxx

KimB said...

Love the vellum banner Di - you made it such a feature and I love all the clever layers you added using the Banner punch! What a great card no wonder Damo liked it - and of course you made it :) xxx

Nikki Spencer said...

Go you! Never even considered Chevrons..:0) Love that you went masculine Di, such a great card for any age male. xx

Jan said...

Absolutely love your take on the challenge this week Di! Your vellum banner is so striking with it's different chevrons from the Banner punch and against the fabulous background. A wonderful male card that I'd love to Case! xx

Jodene said...

Awesome card Di! Perfect masculine design and I love those papers.