Sunday 11 December 2016

Christmas Star of Light 2 - more simple cards

Today I'm sharing two more cards using the Star of Light stamp & die bundle. This one was a class project.


Like these Star of Light cards I shared yesterday, this one's simple & supply friendly too, so very easy to replicate quickly in large numbers.

First I stamped a whisper white layer with 3 super swirls & stars in smoky slate, then added a sentiment in dapper denim. I stamped the large star in dapper denim, then the overlay star in smoky slate (stamped off once). I cut the star with the coordinating star framelit die, then adhered it to the base. I like how it stands out even though it's not popped with dimensionals.

I matted the completed layer on smoky slate then onto a dapper denim base. I hadn't used this combination before but I really like the look - softer than my usual fave, navy & smoky slate.

I went a bit star crazy on the inside & added a coordinating sentiment. I love when sets have matchy-matchy sentiments that can be used on the front or inside & the font in Star of Light is especially lovely.


I gave the swirl a break for this next card to use the beautifully intricate Starlight diecut shapes in the bundle.It's also very clean & simple, but the shapes really create an easy wow.


 I mounted a silver glimmer star & large island indigo star onto whisper white card embossed with the Softly Falling folder, popper a stamped banner wrapped with some silver ribbon, then mounted the white panel onto an island indigo may & pool party base. I added some sprinkled rhinestones & a touch of Stella.


On the inside I added a white panel stamped with two sentiments & added another star diecut.



So that's two more Christmas card ideas for you to try. I hope you liked them. I have more to share so pop back tomorrow. Remember to pin them for later too. All the supplies I used are listed below & available to purchase from my store.

Inky wishes, Di


Get your Star of Light discount bundle now


 The Star of Light bundle, including both the stamps & dies is available at a 10% discount until 3 January, but you'll want them now to get your Christmas projects finished. After 3 January, 2017 they Star of Light stamps & Starlight Dies will be available separately at no discount.



Card Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Note - Stamp sets & bundles noted below may be available in other mount options (eg wood, cling rubber or photopolymer). Please check the online store if your preference is different.



Dapper Denim Star of Light card
Big Shot
$159.00

Intricate Star of Light card


Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: