Friday 10 February 2017

JAI 346 just choose two - thinking of you

 
 

Well here we are again (already?) & it's time for our latest Just Choose Two challenge at Just Add Ink. This week the team have to choose between hearts, flowers & butterflies, & I'm sure it doesn't surprise you that I've chosen flowers & butterflies as my two elements to make this soft & pretty sympathy card for a friend.


The floral paper from the Falling in Love dsp pack is so soft & lovely.  I wanted to add a little colour to the neutrals & know my friend loves blue, so added touches of soft sky for the butterflies, banner & base. The butterflies are also stamped on soft sky with a butterfly image from the Papillion Pot Pourri set & punched out with the Elegant butterfly & Bitty Butterfly punches. A touch of vellum adds elegance & dimension. The classic Thoughts & Prayers stamp set provides the elegant sentiment too.


 I carried the theme to the inside too.


One thing I forgot to mention is that I added a very subtle touch of Wink of Stella to the paper flowers... impossible to see in my pic but a nice look irl.


I'm keeping the post quick this week as I'm in a super hurry to get out the door to see Simple Minds & the B52's tonight & my normal two finger typing is being hampered by my right index finger being temporarily out of action after a diy incident last weekend. All is healing though so all good :)

If you'd like to make this card yourself check out the supply list to see & order any supplies you need. Leave a comment if you have any questions & of course if you liked my card. It's so lovely to hear from visitors.

Now head over to the Just Add Ink blog to see all the team's beautiful ideas & add your own card too. Until next time, thanks for visiting & happy stamping.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.

Product List
Big Shot
$159.00

7 comments:

Karren said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous, Di! So soft and pretty - perfect for a sympathy card. And kraft and pale blue is such a soothing combination.

Christine said...

Another subtle background with one of my favourite sheets of dsp from the pack it's out of. A beautiful card in a lovely colour combo. xx

Sunny Strawbaler said...

It is a beautiful card Di! Sorry you had need of it for a friend, and sorry you are injured! Hope you enjoyed that music. Sherylee.

Christine Blain said...

What a beautiful, serene, colour combo and design, Di; this is really lovely, and I'm sure will be greatly appreciated. x

Kelly Kent said...

All the challenges of your week and you still manage to create something this amazing - what a woman!!! Hope the weeks ahead have less injuries and more craft time! Kelly x

Nikki Spencer said...

Beautiful Di! The Neutral/soft Sky combination makes such a lovely and serene colour palette. xx

KimB said...

Di this is a beautiful sympathy card - gentle, subtle and I love how you tailored it with blue. It will be an enormous comfort to your friend I have no doubt! xxx