Tuesday 11 July 2017

Easy in-colour embossed birthday


I have a very quick & easy card for you today, that's all about 2017-19 in-colours & the best happy birthday die ever.


It's such an easy card to make & you could make a bunch of them in all sorts of colour & size combinations, or using scraps. I was inspired to use all the in-colours together after seeing this fab card by Mary Fish.

I cut a 2cm wide strip of each card colour, adhered them onto a piece of copy paper, then embossed them with the Hexagon dynamic embossing folder to create texture. The effect is really striking irl.

The white Happy Birthday die cut really pops on the bold colours, & coordinated glitter enamel dots finish off the look.  I recommend you purchase the die as a bundle with the Happy Birthday, Gorgeous stamp set, as they work so well together & you get a 10% discount on both when you buy them together. See the links below for a closer look.

No scraps wasted!



I couldn't bear to throw out the leftover bits, so I trimmed them into random sizes, adhered onto black card & embossed the piece too. The colours really pop on the black.

You'll be seeing A LOT of this birthday die so I hope you love it as much as me. I'll say bye for now though & be back soon with more ideas. Pin these in the meantime for later inspiration.

Inky wishes, Di

Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.  Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.
Actual items I used are listed first. Alternative purchase options are listed at the bottom of the supply list.

Big Shot
$159.00

No comments: