Friday 26 January 2018

JAI 393 colour challenge - epic birthday



Friday means a new Just Add Ink challenge & Rochelle has given us this fun mix of tranquil tide, lemon lime twist & crumb cake to work with.

 


Tranquil tide and lemon lime twist are two of our newest in-colours & they've both got lots of personality. I've never thought to team them with the very neutral crumb cake, but I really like them together. I think you'll love them too, especially one you check out all the brilliant ways the JAI team have used them.

I chose to make this birthday card for a cool young adult friend of our family.


I teamed the challenge colours with lots of copper accents - copper heat embossed stamp images, copper washi, & copper & black sequins. I really like the look of it with the neutral & bold colours.


The birthday sentiment - from the new Birthday Wishes for You stamp set - is so useful for all sorts of techniques & people. Don't you love the guitar too? It's from the free Epic Celebrations Sale-a-bration stamp set. See more info below.

I watercoloured the heat embossed images using ink from the pads & an aquapainter, blending the colours where they met. A little messy but I liked the look. Some banner ends add more fun & interest.


Inside  it's all very simple but fun. I inked up the sentiment in lemon lime twist then used a tranquil tide marker to  colour in 'epic'.

Well that's it for this week's challenge. Hope you've enjoyed how I used the challenge colours. Check out all the team projects on the Just Add Ink blog then try the challenge yourself. Use the supply list below to get anything you want to make your own version.

Until next time, sending inky wishes from me,
Di


Remember you can only get the fabulous & free Epic Celebrations stamp set by placing a $90 order during Sale-a-bration (until 31 March). It has such great images for kids and teen cards, or for any music lover.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=147236&dbwsdemoid=4000625


Project Supplies
To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.

Retired supplies - Year of Cheer washi tape


Versamark Pad
$15.00
Aqua Painters
$20.00
Heat Tool
$50.00

6 comments:

Lou said...

I absolutely love this Di. The copper elements work perfectly with these colours. A very cool card!

Kampin' Karen said...

Di, I love how you used the colors. Your copper strip gave me an idea for this set as a slider card. TYFS.

Tina said...

Ooooh, I LOVE your ombre sentiment - it looks fabulous! The guitars make a great background.

Nikki Spencer said...

You've used the colours beautifully Di! I agree about balancing with a neutral, makes the world of difference and your copper embossing is the perfect metalic! xx

KimB said...

What a fab boy card Di! I love the guitar background and the two tone sentiment is a real eyecatcher! xxx

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful, rockin' card Di!