Tuesday 17 April 2018

Festive Friday on Tuesday - Christmas shine & reindeer



My plans for Festive Friday posts & making my Christmas cards each month haven't been happening for various reasons. Today I have a little time to blog and have just seen some of my favourite Christmas goodies on my SU store Clearance Rack, so Festive Tuesday it is.

Today I'm sharing a couple of my favourite Christmas projects from last year. Both show my favourite element for Christmas cards & gifts - shine. First up is this clean and elegant Christmas card with my favourite reindeer stamp from Santa's Sleigh.

I am so sad Santa's Sleigh stamps & dies are retiring now, as they're one of my all time favourite Christmas sets. Get it now if you love it too, as it's only available while stock's last. It will NOT be leaving my collection. :(


I made multiples of this design to send last year, mainly to my lovely SU team. It's a simplified adaption of this even more sparkly reindeer card I made earlier in the year.  Truth be told, I like the cleaner look of this one, plus it was faster & less supply heavy than the original. An important factor when you're mass producing.

I made two versions using different foil prints in the Year of Cheer paper pack. This is the second version.


 Here's a closer look at that reindeer panel.


I stamped the reindeer in soft suede ink & coloured him with ivory & bronze Stampin Blends alcohol markers. Then I added a liberal dash of clear Wink of Stella. The colours work so well together don't you think?

Tip: Did you know most of our classic ink colours are compatible with Stampin' Blends markers? I really like being able to stamp with colours that are closer to the image I'm colouring.

The reindeer is matted onto a Stitched Shapes square die cut & teamed with a banner stamped with the Merry Christmas sentiment from Star of Light. A little copper or gold sequin from the Metallic sequins pack adds a final shiny touch. So glad these are all carrying over to the new Annual Catalogue (coming in June).


So which card appeals to you more - the swirly copper mistletoe print or the check? I can't pick a favourite. I like the organic look of the swirly print, but I like the clean look of the check too. #fencesitter :)

Christmas box & tag


Being a matchy matchy girl from way back, I made matching Christmas boxes for my SU team lovelies using the same Year of Cheer foil paper. It's actually cardstock weight so it's perfect for making boxes and other 3d items.

I teamed the box with a tag made from the gorgeous gold & silver foil snowflakes (now a $4 Clearance Rack bargain). Here's the gold version.


I custom designed the box to fit a sweet little light up house ornament, with help from my Simply Scored score board & Gift Bag Punch Board.


Eagle eyes may see I decorated the ornament with some washi tape from the coordinating Year of Cheer washi tape pack - probably my most used washi pack ever. So excited it's now on the Clearance Rack for just $6.30. Bargain!

The tag is made from gold & silver foil snowflakes. I added a Stitched Shapes circle, heat embossed with sentiment from the Ready for Christmas stamp set. Some white classic weave ribbon attaches it to the box.


Here's one of the silver snowflakes & copper embossed sentiments used on one of the other Year of Cheer paper prints.


Here's another view of the box in the pretty gold & silver snowflake print, so you can see the box & top closure a bit better. To attach the tag, I simply punched a hole in two of the top flaps using my retired Cropadile & tied with ribbon. The tag is attached to the main bow with a thinner ribbon.


Box Measurements

The box is made like a regular tab style box, scored & cut at the tabs to form the box.  I custom sized it to fit the ornament.

Finished box dimensions: 2-1/4 x 2-1/4 x 3-1/4 inches

Cutting measurements: Cut 9-1/2 inches x 6 inches (Year of Cheer paper or other card).
This gave me 2 boxes per 12 x 12 inch sheet of card, with enough left for 2 of the reindeer cards.

Scoring measurements:
Score long side (9 inches) in 2-1/4 inch increments, eg. at 2-1/4, 4-1/2, 6-3/4 & 9 inches.
Score short side (6 inches) at 1-3/8 inches from either end.

Tip: why score at 1-3/8 inches? - this is the magic measurement that enables you to use the punch in the Gift Bag Punch Board to make your box flaps look neat, finished Simply punch at each score line at the top & bottom of the box. Of course you don't need the punch board to make the box, but it's one of those little things that makes your boxes look soooo professional.


Note: For those who know I usually work in metric measurements, sometimes when I'm making lots of boxes with the Simply Scored & 12x12 inch card, it's quicker & easier to use inches as the board has 1/4 inch increments.


If you'd like more info on either my reindeer card or box, just leave a comment & I'll try to help.

That's all from me today. I hope seeing my projects has given you some ideas to get your Christmas cards started. Pin them for later inspiration too.

You'll get a bargain on lots of the supplies I used too if you shop the Clearance Rack now. All items are only available while stocks last so they may not last long.

If you're a fan of Santas's Sleigh to, see more of my past Santa's Sleigh projects here

Until next time, inky wishes & happy stamping.
Di

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300100

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4000625&categoryid=300500

 Project Supplies


To see & order any items used in today's projects, click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. Items I used are listed first. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to help you with your papercrafting needs as your Demonstrator if you don't already have one.


Important - All 5 items in top row of supplies are only available while stocks last. Order ASAP.
- Stampin' Blends not available to order at post publish date - available again from June '18
- Additional supplies for Christmas box listed after Gift Bag Punch board below.

Big Shot
$159.00
Simply Scored
$50.00
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00

No comments: